Sunday, July 22, 2012

Who Cares? . . . Nobody.



_____


For several years now I have been trying to judiciously sort through all the trashy input I've received over the course of my lifetime (so far) and come to some acceptable conclusion as to what I am.

As I have said and written many times, I am not an atheist. But neither am I a card-carrying theist.

But, why must I be something? Why can I not just keep my mouth shut and my keyboard inactive about the whole idea of religion? After all, nobody really cares what I believe or do not believe. And why should they?

Boy, am I ever glad that's settled.

_____


WORD FOR TODAY

paean [pee-uhn]
noun
A song of praise or triumph.
A thing that expresses enthusiastic praise.

_____


BORN ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY

   
Alex Trebek

 
Born July 22, 1940
Age: 71 years old

George Alexander "Alex" Trebek is a Canadian television personality. He has been the host of the syndicated game show Jeopardy! since 1984; before that, he hosted other game shows, including The Wizard of Odds, High Rollers, and Pitfall. Trebek has made appearances in numerous television series, usually portraying himself. A native of Canada, he became a naturalized United States citizen in 1998.



Danny Glover


Born July 22, 1947
Age: 64 years old

Danny Lebern Glover is an American actor, film director, and political activist. Glover is well known for his roles as Mr. Albert Johnson in The Color Purple, as Michael Harrigan in Predator 2, as corrupt cop James McFee in Witness, as Detective Roger Murtaugh in the Lethal Weapon film franchise (where he coined the catchphrase "I'm too old for this shit"), as Detective David Tapp in Saw, and as George Knox in Angels in the Outfield. He has also appeared in many other movies, television shows, and theatrical productions. He is an active supporter of various humanitarian and political causes.



Rose Kennedy


Born July 22, 1890
Died Jan. 22, 1995

Rose Elizabeth Fitzgerald Kennedy was an American philanthropist, the wife of Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr., and the mother of nine children, among them United States President John F. Kennedy, United States Senator Robert F. Kennedy, and United States Senator Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy.

_____
__________

I am part of the sun as my eye is part of me. That I am part of the earth my feet know perfectly, and my blood is part of the sea. There is not any part of me that is alone and absolute except my mind, and we shall find that the mind has no existence by itself, it is only the glitter of the sun on the surfaces of the water.
--D. H. Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment