Sunday, December 22, 2013

Fusillade by Guest Blogger

     
Fusillade

When the flush of the toilet is followed by the sound of gunshots, you're either in the wrong neighborhood... or you're at HexHouse.
   
H-2-Uh-Oh, our water poltergeist, is at it again, only this time I think he brought friends along. It's a mass possession this time, as every appliance that holds, uses, touches, or even dreams about water acts up.
   
The pipes have air, hence the explosions under the house. The bathroom faucet smokes when the back toilet is flushed. The kitchen faucet sprays multi-directionally, and most of them are not into the sink.
   
...And the shower... shudder:  I don't even want to think about it.
   
It's been awhile since we've heard from our poltergeist buddy. Well, except for the leak in the back sink, which won't stop no matter what we do. And ditto in the backyard at the shop (I have plans to turn that drip into a dog self-waterer!).
   
But all-in-all, it's been pretty quiet. Relatively.
   
So I'm going to hit up one of my friends to come take a shower at their place, and I have an emergency call in to the pump people, because they think it's a well or a well pump issue.
   
I hope they bring incense and a cross.
   
HexHouse doesn't need a plumber; it needs an exorcism.


Copyright 2013 Michelle Hakala
http://www.winebird.com/










No comments:

Post a Comment