Monday, January 17, 2011

This is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day



Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
(1929 - 1968)




_____


#

To my great surprise, while I was browsing the Amazon.com titles of Kindle books, I saw that Alice's Adventures In Wonderland was offered FREE. It had been a long time since I'd read that book (and the price was right) so I downloaded it. After reading the first chapter, I was so glad that I had done so.

Charles Lutwidge Dodgson; (27 January 1832 - 14 January 1898), better known by the pseudonym Lewis Carroll, in Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, was able, through his masterful use of words, to almost instantly transfer the essence of a very young 19rh century British girl into the usually cranky and cantankerous mind of an aged 21st century man (me). That process is (in my opinion) the closest thing to true magic as anything can be. And I don't think that is hyperbole. It is not meant to be. It's just a simple statement of fact.

Lewis Carroll



Lewis Carroll wrote the poem Solitude

I like it... a lot.


#

Happy Birthday Michelle Obama

#

Now for something completely different.

There exists a little-known work of literature that you might like to read.

Or... you might not. It is:

Fart Proudly
by Benjamin Franklin.



__________

No comments:

Post a Comment