Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hot Summer Day


_____


_____

Having finished the Steig Larsson trilogy, I decided to re-read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I had read the book several years ago but when I opened it and began reading last night I found that I had no memory at all of the characters or the story. So it appears that I will be immersed in it each night before going to sleep, immersed in it for quite some time.

It's a BIG book.
_____

This morning I got a late start on my morning fitness walk to Fry's Supermarket and back; it was terribly hot outside and when I got home at 9:30 my shirt was drenched with sweat. The AC inside my apartment felt (and still feels) great. When the monsoon season ends and it cools down out there, I'll extend the distance of my walk from the current two miles to my former four miles.

I bought some fresh oranges and white seedless grapes, each on sale for 88 cents a pound and two boxes of Frosted Mini-Wheats, which I enjoy eating dry (no milk) as a between-meal snack. I have to be careful to keep from overeating. Since I moved from Mike's house out in the desert and into this apartment in Tucson at the end of March, I have gained ten pounds. Instead of my long-time 160 pounds, I now weigh 170. When I have lost those extra pounds, which are all located in my lower belly region, I will announce it here... soon, I hope.

_____

More news later... maybe.

__________

No comments:

Post a Comment