I have painted a picture of a ghost
Upon my kite,
And hung it on a tree.
Later, when I loose the string
And let it fly,
The people will cower
And hide their heads,
For fear of the God
Swimming in the clouds.
Recently I have come to the conclusion that my mental capabilities are fading more rapidly than I expected, so I invested a great deal of time these last few days trying to write something of worth.
And... you know what?
It doesn't matter
It doesn't matter to me at all.
I no longer care.
Did You Know . . .?
The name of Yoda's race and home world are never mentioned in any film, book, or media. He is officially said to be of a "species unknown."
Agca's trial began on July 20, 1981. He was found guilty and was sentenced to life in prison but released in 2010 due to several amnesties and changes to the penal code.
WORD FOR TODAY
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
Wikipedia: "Religion is a set of variously organized beliefs about the relationship between natural and supernatural aspects of reality, and the role of humans in this relationship."
(born May 13, 1950)
Stevie Wonder is an American musician, singer-songwriter, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist.
(born 13 May 1949)
Zoe Wanamaker is an American-born British actress. She has performed with the Royal Shakespeare Company and in films, including the Harry Potter series.
(born May 13, 1939)
Harvey Keitel is an American actor. Some of his most notable starring roles were in Mean Streets, Taxi Driver, The Duellists, Thelma & Louise, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, The Piano, Bad Lieutenant, Cop Land, National Treasure and, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, as well as playing the devil in Little Nicky.
(May 13, 1922 – April 25, 2009)
Bea Arthur was an American actress and comedian whose career spanned seven decades. Arthur achieved fame as the character Maude Findlay on the 1970s sitcoms All in the Family and Maude, and as Dorothy Zbornak on the 1980s sitcom The Golden Girls.
Superstition is the religion of feeble minds.