Monday, March 1, 2010

Re: Fact Or Fiction

Question . . .

Why have I decided to discontinue the series of Higher Power scenes?

After thinking about it, I have come to suspect that good fiction is more than thinly disguised fact. Sometimes I am right and sometimes I am wrong with subjective conjectures such as that.

If I had originally entered the three scenes as pure fiction, without prefacing it with the revelation that the story is based on fact, I might have been able to continue a while longer. But as it is, I am too unsure of myself. The subject matter is internally frightening. And I am tempted to change the true circumstances and results within the story itself. I have, in actual fact, already done so.

It just seems to be 'not right' for some reason.

I will probably eventually delete those three entries from the blog, but I will save them for a complete re-write later, perhaps as a submission to my Writers group, and maybe incorporate the ideas into another fictional form..

I should now stop discussing the details before the whole things just somehow morphs into the category of 'old-news' -- to be cast aside for something new.

And this blog will once again be a receptacle in which to toss whatever aberrations my mind conjures up. Like it used to be. As I wished it to be.


"Safe upon the solid rock the ugly houses stand:
Come and see my shining palace built upon the sand!"
--Edna St. Vincent Millay

No comments:

Post a Comment