Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Was That A Nip In The Air?



_____

What is seasoning? What does it mean to season food? I guess I will have to do some research, starting with definitions of seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, etc.

Is enhancing food flavor a good thing? Or is it one of the factors in the problem of obesity in human beings? If one enjoys the taste of the food being consumed so much that it becomes an obsession, especially to those who are cursed with an addictive personality, is this a good thing or a bad thing? If a meal is prepared and tastes great, the person eating it will doubtlessly want to eat more than if the food were presented with no more than its natural flavors?

Would one not grow accustomed to plain unseasoned food if somehow weaned away from those delicious, yummy, lip-smacking treats and highly seasoned gourmet items with greatly enhanced flavors?

I wonder . . .

If I can make myself do it, I might stop eating flavor enhanced foods for a while and see how it works out. Might be material for a best selling self-help health and diet book.

Could be . . .
_____

Ir appears that the monsoon season is finally ending here in Tucson. The rain storms are lessening and for the first time in quite a while the temperature is forecast to be below 100 degrees for the whole of this week. This means that I do not have to go for my daily walk before 7:30 A.M. to avoid the (dangerous) heat of the day. Yesterday I was able to walk two miles in the afternoon. And this morning I walked from 9 A.M. until 10:30.

Things are looking up around here.
__________

No comments:

Post a Comment