Sunday, November 10, 2013

Events by Guest Blogger

     
Events

Things have been happening so rapidly I can't keep up. I'll try to fill you in on some of the major ones.

The aquarium begins to look like a reef. We had a brief tangle with crabs -- apparently quite a few arrived with the original rocks because one morning Harry discovered a crab eating one of the coral. Captivity within captivity ensued for the crabs I could catch as I penned each in a small plastic container. I felt like I was nine again, watching Harry punch holes in four containers. (My folks used to do that for me whenever I found a special bug I wanted to keep.) We placed a crab in each and sunk them in the tank. Those crabs went back to the pet shop, and still we have at least five crabs in the aquarium.


Paper... Bounty received his registration papers this week. He's now officially "Mystic-Isle Bountiful Love." Sounds a lot better than "we named him after paper towels," doesn't it? He also visited a relative's house on Christmas and behaved almost like a perfect gentleman.

More paper... The dog isn't the only family member to receive papers -- I finally got my certification as a Competent Toastmaster, having completed the first Toastmaster manual.

And more paper yet! We signed the contract for the construction of the Fox Room. We're waiting for the permit and then we'll schedule ground-breaking. No backing out, this time, either, since we've already bought a pool table. It's used, but beautiful, and huge. I had to give up my French doors for it, but it'll look grand.

H-2-Uh-Oh has apparently moved. No doubt the water poltergeist is miffed about not being allowed to play in the new aquarium, so he's now haunting our electrical systems. Since the water softener/filter was installed, we've had:

* an electric garage door opener refuse to close
* outside lighting blow the fuse box over and over and over until we finally disabled the lights
* the aquarium lights come on at 3am three nights in a row but not after that
* the garage light come on when the switch was off.

My guess? Wraith temper tantrums.


Copyright 2013 Michelle Hakala
http://www.winebird.com/

   


No comments:

Post a Comment