Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Lies, Damned Lies, And Assorted Other What-Nots

     


____________________


Last night I tuned into the PBS coverage of the State of the Union address and watched the somewhat royal entrance of the capering, good-humored semi-emperor. I watched Obama handing out hand shakes to all the glad handing males and watched him bestow kisses on all the simpering females in attendance. And I listened to his first opening lies... Then, just as John Kerry leaped to his feet to signal the audience that it was time for a standing ovation, I switched over to my Amazon TV FireStick and pulled up the opening of Episode number 1 of Season 1 of The Sopranos. I watched three episodes of that Season before returning to regular TV. There I watched and listened to a well-known NBC Newsman as he wrapped up the evening's happenings.

Then I wrote the above so I would have it ready to transfer to this morning's blog entry.

Then I brushed my teeth and retired to my bed and opened my Kindle to an interesting little Stephen King tale.

One must search with studious diligence to find sometimes a single grain of truth in this most incredibly mendacious of eras.

__________

This Is Who I Am
   

No comments:

Post a Comment