Saturday, January 31, 2015

Oh Well...

     


____________________

A night and as early morning filled with down-pouring rain has once again slowed the beginning of Eva's joyful day of running of laps around the swimming pool. She is currently lying at my feet and taking a short nap.

Maybe the rain will stop before long. It is hiding the mountains in an all-inclusive  mist of low clouds at this moment. And the pool's surface has risen almost to the overflow stage..

Later... Just Before Noon
(Click Pic For Full-Size View)

_____


While searching through the various Writers Guidelines pages on the Internet, I read one that made me think about racial discrimination. It was in:

GUIDELINES FOR THE 2015 NAOMI LONG MADGETT POETRY AWARD

What I viewed and thought of as discrimination appeared in the first line:

This competition is open to African American poets only.

Hm... I wonder if I am being overly judgmental.


__________

   

No comments:

Post a Comment