Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Middle Of The Week Already

I'm still experimenting with various capabilities of this blog. So if you find a section laughable please blame it on my lack of experience and notify me so I can fix the mistake. Send me a comment about whatever you like. All criticisms whether positive or negative are valuable to me.

Yesterday I was viewing some Youtube videos and ran across one that evoked a great deal of emotion. Sights, sounds, and even aromas have a way of stimulating memories of earlier times. Sometimes those events from the past were heart-warming and happy and others not so pleasant. I'm not sure how to characterize this one.


A blog http://baliset.blogspot.com/ that I was reading last night intrigued me and even though some of the more philosophical material was a bit over my head I enjoyed most of it and would highly recommend it to the thinking reader.

As I am typing this I am listening on the radio to President Obama giving a speech describing what is being done by the U.S. government to provide aid to Haiti in the aftermath of the recent earthquake. It's certainly a tragedy for the people of that small country. Hopefully Haiti's government will accept the helping hand in the same vein in which it is being offered.

I tried to add a photo here but the blog software hung up, telling me "Waiting for www dot blogger dot com. I'll go ahead and publish this then try adding a picture later. Okay, I did that. But now I can get it to add a picture but it adds it at the top instead of where I want it.

Oh well. I'm tired of fiddling with it. I'll go to the help files and find out what I'm doing wrong.

The sun is shining brightly outside my window at this time, which is 10:30 A.M. Eastern Time and it will soon be warm enough to go out and walk for a while. I'm looking forward to it. The TV weather folks have promised a continuing warm-up for the rest of this week, but along with that they warn of some rain moving in with the warm temperatures.

Today's blog entry is short, I know, but that will not always be the case. Sometimes I have little to say, and other times I can be a real blow-hard.

As a Canadian friend is wont to say,

"Cheers!"


No comments:

Post a Comment