Thursday, August 19, 2010

Underneath The Western Sky



Last night we had another unexpected visitor. A small tarantula spider was crouched, at just about head-height, on the side of the wood frame of the back door leading out to the swimming pool deck. I did not take a picture of it, and we just came back inside and left it to its own devices. It was gone this morning when I took Eva out to take care of her business.

. . .

The most often used exclamation of displeasure used around the house is, "These pretzels are making me thirsty!" If you don't understand, it might help if you watch this short YouTube video.


. . .

My daily walk down to the Circle-K convenience store (1.7 miles) and back this morning began a bit later than usual and the sun was out and casting down its fierce force of perspiration production -- which means that it was pretty darned hot out there and my clothes were spottily soaked and sodden with sweat when I got back home. According to the TV weather report, the afternoon temperature here in Tucson was 106 degrees and tomorrow it will reach 107 degrees. Oh... and the humidity is high at this time of year.

View of today's deep blue sky above Tucson
8/19/2010

Now, above my computer-desk chair, the ceiling fan, set to medium speed, is spinning around and its cooling breeze feels quite pleasant to me as I sit composing this compilation of disparate doggerel gleaned from a slippery series of random and unrelated thoughts, sitting here in this spacious and comfortable air-conditioned room.


Here is another view of the sky that I am granted to see and enjoy, this shot taken the day before yesterday.

August Sky Above Tucson, AZ
8/17/2010

That's all I have at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment