Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bits And Pieces



_____

I suspect that old age has weakened my ability to distinguish between truth and fiction. If that's the case, then now seems to be the ideal time for me to buckle down and write my autobiography... probably in first person, past tense, but not necessarily.
_____

Lately I have been reading some delightful pieces of Flash Fiction, most of it discovered while perusing the short articles in Fictionaut -- and found myself wondering if there is such a thing as Flash Poetry. If so, one might find one's self tweeting tiny tidbits of tantalizing twaddle.
_____

One of the questions on Are You Smarter Than A Fifth-Grader was: "Who was the only U.S. President to have served in the army in both WW1 and WW2?" The contestant answered that he thinks it's probably Benjamin Franklin, but he locks in his answer as 'Thomas Jefferson'.

Holy crap!

I can't wait until it's time for today's double re-run. It's at noon, Tucson time.
_____

The price of excessive government power is certain annihilation of any ability to protest.

__________

No comments:

Post a Comment