Thursday, August 25, 2011

Evolution . . . Etc.



_____

This morning I slid my Power Ball lottery ticket into the slot of the Circle-K's win/lose checker... and was informed that the ticket was a "WINNER" -- it seems that the number '39' (which is always my Power Ball pick) is this week's WINNER -- but of course I had no other correct numbers to go with it, so the total amount of winnings was merely $3. Oh well, that's better than a poke in the left eye with a sharp stick. And yes, I used the three bucks to buy three tickets for the next drawing.

_____

Below is a short paragraph that I read somewhere... can't remember where, but I like it so much that I am posting it here:

Evolution is a simple fact. We can choose to remain ignorant of it, we can stick our fingers in our ears and refuse to think about it, we can even rail against it and shout and scream that it is not allowed to be true. But facts are facts, and will not go away just because we don't like them. We don't get to vote for our preferred method of having come into existence as a species, any more than we can choose to have been delivered by stork rather than conceived and born in the usual way.

_____

To indoctrinate means to convince another person that the indoctrinator's personal beliefs are correct and beyond question. As I see it, indoctrination has become a synonym for education. But that's just my own personal opinion.

_____



There is no good reason for me to have pasted in (at this time) the above picture of the planet Saturn. But I decided to do so anyway.

__________

Even though I am still trying to blog, I fear than my writing ability has weakened considerably... but I'm going to keep on trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment