Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Immersed In Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged



For the last five days I have had no internet access. And that's hard to take. The Wi-Fi here is undependable. But it's FREE and I keep hoping it will get better. My alternatives for a high-speed connection are Cox Cable or Quest, which are far from free.

As always, you get what you pay for.

What to do... what to do...
_____

On PBS I recently heard a government official say, "...and that is virtually unique." -- Well, I am having trouble visualizing the meaning of that particular combination of words. Unique means 'one of a kind' and I'm not sure how 'virtually' is meant to modify 'unique.'

I am in a quandary.

__________

Whenever you hear an orator say, "The fact of the matter is.." you can disregard the 'fact' which will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment