Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 2011



_____




by Jennie A. Brownscombe. (1914)

_____



Burrowing owl at Phoenix Zoo
by Ben Goren

I had no valid reason for posting the above photograph of an owl: I just liked it better than a picture of a turkey and thought I'd share it, that's all.

_____

For breakfast a few minutes ago I enjoyed a large bowl of oatmeal sprinkled with cinnamon and flavored with a cup of thawed from frozen mixed berries: blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries.

Yum!

For my Thanksgiving dinner at around two or three o'clock in the afternoon I plan to bake a Marie Calander frozen meal, consisting of Turkey Medallions, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Stuffing, Green Beans & Carrots. Dessert is to be an entire (single serving) Banquet oven heated Apple Pie.

Looking forward to it . . .

__________

European Economics . . .

A Spaniard, an Italian and a Greek go into a bar.
They drink until dawn.
Who pays the tab?
A German
--George Will

No comments:

Post a Comment