Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Significance Of Insignificance

 
Tucson Weather Today

_________________


I am so darned sick and tired of writing such trivial ephemera in this, my daily blog. It is no mystery as to why I have so few loyal readers. It is because my entries are so boring and so nearly meaningless and lacking in importance, lacking any great significance or value.

Such a sad state will probably continue unless I can bring myself to effect a radical change in presentation, such as perhaps creating a series of fictional or semi-fictional stories loosely based on events that actually happened during my lifetime.

If I can do that, it might strike some interest in enhanced future readership.

That would be a lot of work, though.

_____


WORD FOR TODAY

ephemera [ee-FEMM-uhr-uh]
noun

Ephemera (singular: ephemeron) is any transitory written or printed matter not meant to be retained or preserved. The word derives from the Greek, meaning things lasting no more than a day. Some collectible ephemera are advertising trade cards, airsickness bags, bookmarks, catalogs, greeting cards, letters, pamphlets, postcards, posters, prospectuses, stock certificates, tickets, and zines.



_____
 

Example Of Ephemera



__________

Art teaches nothing, except the significance of life.
--Michael Korda


No comments:

Post a Comment