Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Book, Stories, And The Like



_____

Well, I did not go out for my usual walk for the last two days. Wasn't feeling quite up to it. Instead, I indulged myself in the activity I have most enjoyed for the greater part of my life... reading.


Stayed inside, out of the cold rain, and read printed books of fiction and factual blog postings about fictioneers. No, I did not miss my TV watching of old reruns such as Two and a half Men and The Big Bang Theory. But mostly I just read, both online and from real books. At this moment I find myself about three-quarters through the long, long (dare I say 'tiresome?') 1074 page Stephen King novel Under The Dome -- which I passed over back when it first came out.

And I haven't even gone outside to the mail box to check my mail, from neither yesterday's delivery nor Saturday's. I, for one, suspect that I will not be sad over the elimination of a Saturday mail delivery if it comes.

__________

"I spent the morning putting in a comma and the afternoon removing it."
--Gustave Flaubert

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know that even on a cozy, cold and rainy day that moves your spirit to engage itself with the written word you spread your wings beyond the limits of mere literature and soar toward the divine drama of Two and A Half Men, there drawn to art like Icarus to the flame. I so hope that you'll someday share the essay you're bound to be preparing about the cultural contributions of the Sit-Com laugh box.

    ReplyDelete