Monday, December 5, 2011

Detail Oriented To A Fault



_____

I like to watch reruns of certain TV shows. After viewing an episode several times I am familiar with the plot, -- And that gives me the opportunity to seek out trivial items that most people fail to notice. For example: in a Two and a half Men episode, housekeeper Berta's granddaughter is a sexy 16 year old, and I wondered who the actress was, so I watched the closing credits and discovered it was Megan Fox.



Six minute YouTubevideo from the above mentioned episode.

It has been reported that Ms Fox is bi-sexual and at one time was interested in...



Can't help it... that's just the kind of guy I am, and have always been -- one who pays attention to seemingly trivial details.


Diedra Alexander is a young writer who will (in my opinion) soon become a famous author.

The above was copied from
Diedra's Blog

Golly Gee! I seem to be obsessed for some reason with pictures of sexy young women.

Don't know why.
_____

WARNING!

A sick-art website.

Don't go there unless you are extremely tolerant and believe that 'art' is in the eye of the beholder and that a searcher can find it everywhere.

I visited the site and wasted more than a half hour scrolling endlessly through all the deathwish-inspired pseudo-art.

You've been warned.
_____

Men Untrained to Comfort
is a poem by Wendell Berry that I read at The Writer's Almanac. Although it is one of those writings that often bewilder me as to whether it is truly a poem or merely a prose piece with unconventional line breaks, I declare that, in this case, it does not matter.

I liked it.

(perhaps because I am old and it reminded me of persons I knew when I was young)


Definitions of Prose and Poetry

Poetry is language spoken or written according to some pattern of recurrence that emphasises relationships between words on the basis of sound as well as meaning. This pattern is almost always a rhythm or metre (regular pattern of sound units). This pattern may be supplemented by ornamentation such as rhyme or alliteration or both.

Prose is the ordinary form of spoken or written language, without metrical structure, as distinguished from poetry or verse. matter-of-fact, commonplace, or dull expression, quality, discourse, etc.

Prose is the form of written language that is not organised according to formal patterns of verse. It may have some sort of rhythm and some devices of repetition and balance, but these are not governed by regularly sustained formal arrangement. The significant unit is the sentence, not the line. Hence it is represented without line breaks in writing.

The above was copied from:
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Poetry_vs_Prose


The difference between is a website that can be a valuable resource for the casual researcher For example: if you need to know the basics between a cow and a heifer but do not want to wade through complex research papers, you can visit HERE.
__________
...art is a product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered.
--Al Capp

No comments:

Post a Comment