Sunday, March 2, 2014

Guest Blogger 3-2-14

     
The End Begins

I was wrong.

The kitchen work began over the weekend, with notification on Friday that the construction crew would tear apart the old stuff on Monday, which they did. More than the cupboard is bare; the entire kitchen is gone!

I never realized how much space there really is in the kitchen. Shame we gotta put all that stuff back in.

For the next week and a half, approximately, I'll be living on frozen food and peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Come to think of it, that's not too much different from my normal days.

I keep finding myself going in there for a glass of water or to wash my hands, and it still shocks me to come around that corner to find nothing there. Tomorrow, the walls get patched and I think the floor gets leveled (where the old cabinets and various appliances were is below the level of the linoleum, a fact which drives the Maytag man batty whenever he has to work on the dishwasher). Then the new cabinets go in. After that, the countertops, sink, appliances, etc. need to be put in and the place needs to be painted. It should be an interesting process to watch.

After the kitchen is back to being usable, I'll be planning the first annual Bash.


Copyright 2013 Michelle Hakala
http://www.winebird.com/








   

No comments:

Post a Comment