Saturday, February 26, 2011

Another Weekend Is Upon Us . . .


I am not a lover of music. In fact, music does not stir me, does not comfort me, and for the most part and most of the time music is just something that occurs in the background and it rarely intrudes upon my concentration of a specific task at hand. But sometimes I do enjoy listening to some of the old tunes, sung by the artists who were popular during the years of my younger life. Such as:

Frank Sinatra


There is a Frank Sinatra Youtube mix of 40 songs of which you can select the one you want to hear or click play-all and they play one after the other.

If you're into that sort of thing.

Here's a little Frank Sinatra background piece.

_____

Here are three shots of a hawk perched in a tree across the street from the house.








_____

Anthropocentrism: All of God's Special Little Snowflakes is a short guest essay by Any Peters, posted on Pharyngula. It's a well-written and insightful piece. The comments that follow it are interesting, too.

__________

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
--E.L. Doctorow

No comments:

Post a Comment