Monday, February 14, 2011

Censorship, KFC, Etc.


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY



You can listen to and read a sweet Valentine poem and then read all about Valentine's Day over at The Writer's Almanac if you want to.

_____


That little faggot, he's a millionaire is the title of a Language Log posting by Geoffrey K. Pullum regarding Canada's censorship of the song Money For Nothing. It's an interesting article.

Click HERE to hear Money For Nothing by Dire Straits in a Youtube video.

_____


This is a Wild Pig
No reason for displaying this...
just thought it was intriguing.

_____

Yesterday, while on my daily fitness walk through the desert's edge on the East side of Tucson I stopped at a roadside yard sale, where I had a most enjoyable conversation with the residents, a knowledgeable Classic Car enthusiast and his lovely lady companion who questioned me about how to start up a blog. The Classic Car guy said that she is a frustrated journalist. I told her all I could about blogging, which was not much since I am certainly not an expert and told her that if she would email me I will get her some more info on starting up a blog.


Sure hope I hear from her. If I do, and if she starts up a blog of her own, I will report on its progress and provide my multitude of readers with a link to it.

_____


The plural form of dwarf is dwarfs, not dwarves.
--Mark Liberman

_____

KFC has a new sandwich -- with no bun...


_____

Two kids are walking in the woods when one sees some rabbit pellets on the ground. "What are those?" he asks. "They're smart pills" says the other kid, "eat them and they'll make you smarter." The first kid says, "Really?" He picks a couple of them up and eats them. "They taste like shit," he says, and the other kid says, "See, you're getting smarter already."

__________

No comments:

Post a Comment