Friday, May 28, 2010

Through A Glass Murkily

Today I walked again my new routine of 3.4 miles, from home to the Circle K on Tanque Verde (which in Spanish means Green Tank {or 'reservoir') and back.

Along the way I entertained myself by both observing the abundant desert wild-life, especially the birds, lizards, and tiny desert rats... and also by counting cadence as I remembered the unforgettable sing-song voice of a specific Drill (Training?) Instructor from Lackland Air Force Base near San Antonio, Texas -- circa 1957.

Lelft-Right, Lelft-Right, Lelft-Right...
Lelft-Right... Yo' Lelft. ..
Yo' Lelft... Yo' Lelft...
Yo' Lelft-Right Lelft-Right...
Yo' LELFT!

It kept me steppin' lively. Yes it did.


I really have little to say at this time but I've been neglecting the ol' blog lately so I figured that I should put 'something' in it today.

But what?

Well... here are some bits from my *newnotes* file:

Confabulation is the formation of false memories, perceptions, or beliefs about the self or the environment as a result of neurological or psychological dysfunction.

Comments made during the early years of Saturday Night Live --

BILL MURRAY, Cast Member:

"When you become famous, you've got like a year or two where you act like a real asshole. You can't help yourself. It happens to everybody. You've got like two years to pull it together - or it's permanent."

STEVE MARTIN, host:

"When you're young, you have way fewer taboo topics, and then as you go through life and you have experiences with people getting cancer and dying and all the things you would have made fun of, then you can't make fun of them anymore. So rebelliousness really is the province of young people - that kind of iconoclasm."

DAN AYKROYD, cast member:

"It's too stressful, because you worry about quality, you want things to be so right, and that really weighs heavily - plus the adrenaline pump, it's like being in combat or a cop or something. You can't take that week after week. It's a young man's game, there's no doubt about it. It is satisfying when you pull something off, and it is tremendously debilitating and anxiety-producing when you don't."


Aside from the above notes, my mind is offering up nothing.

Drat!

It is the unexpected that stuns us.
--Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment