Monday, May 31, 2010

Bits And Pieces . . .

After a cup of contemplative green tea I had a breakfast of a large California navel orange and a Costa Rican banana.

Refreshing, delicious, and hopefully nutritious.

A few minutes ago, as I indulged in my routine morning read of Rensselaer Adventures (Rensselaer, Indiana being my original hometown) I stopped at the writer's phrase, "...on the cement floor..." and thought, now he probably meant to say "the 'concrete' floor' instead of 'cement' floor.

A Google definition search revealed the difference between the word 'concrete' (a strong hard building material composed of sand and gravel and cement and water) and 'cement' (a building material that is a powder made of a mixture of calcined limestone and clay; used with water and sand or gravel to make concrete and mortar) -- those two terms are used interchangeably (although grammatically incorrect) in informal American English.

For some reason my new computer with Windows 7 when using Internet Explorer renders all my web pages as being set to the right side of the new wide-screen monitor instead of the center. Of course it does not do so using Firefox. But being the accommodating fellow that I am, I set about righting that particular wrong, and spent a goodly part of yesterday re-doing the affected web pages.

I believe that they all are perfected now.

But, who knows . . .?

No comments:

Post a Comment