Sunday, September 19, 2010

Don't Much Feel Like Blogging . . .


While seated in front of my computer monitor, my peripheral vision caught a flurry of motion outside my window. When I looked in that direction I saw a large Roadrunner landing on a branch of the tree in front of me. That's the second time that I've seen a roadrunner in a tree. As I reached for my camera, the big bird launched itself into the air and flew up to a higher branch. Taking a picture through window glass is tricky, and the sun was above and behind the subject of the photo, so I was sure the picture would not be a good one. But I snapped several shots anyway. And I was right... the pictures were pretty bad. Below is the result.

Roadrunner in tree






. . .

Recently a reader asked me why I write if I feel that I have no purpose in life. After thinking about that question for a time, I'm still unsure as to what a sense of purpose has to do with the impetus to write. The question seems to be a non sequitur.

Why do I write?

I don't know.

__________


A turkey was chatting with a bull. "I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree," sighed the turkey, "but I haven't got the energy." "Well, why don't you nibble on some of my droppings?" replied the bull. "They're packed with nutrients."

The turkey pecked at a lump of dung and found it actually gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree. The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch. Finally after a fourth night, the turkey was proudly perched at the top of the tree. He was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot him out of the tree.

Moral of the story:
Bull Shit might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment