Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Beginnings Follow Endings


The new year, 2011 C.E. is steadily approaching.

Since New Year's Day is a recognized time for new beginnings, for resolutions and such, I thought that I might resolve to improve my blog entries -- to upgrade, to clothe the contents in higher quality raiment.

Why?

I don't know. Just seems to be a noble venture.

But New Year's Day is not until next week, of course.

So . . .


The Death of Ivan Ilyich by Leo Tolstoy is tough slogging for me, and I am not enjoying it. But I feel that I can learn something valuable from reading it. The story can be read FREE of charge online.

#

I just recently read an old poem, Elegy in a Country Church-Yard by Thomas Gray.

Want to read it? Click here.

#

Blogger would not allow me to insert a profane image here, because of some HTML technicality. But that's okay. It was pretty lame anyway. Here is a better one.

Honey Baked Ham

(Yum...)

#

Cedric opening his Christmas gift

(It's a toy bone)

__________

"Belief is a shortcut the brain uses to speed up data transfer"
--Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment