Friday, December 3, 2010

The State Of Confusion Today


I just (at 5:40 A.M.) downloaded a free book to my Kindle PC. It was written by Jozef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski, born in 1857 in Berdichev, which is now in Ukraine. The book's title is Lord Jim. Of course, the author had earlier changed his name to Joseph Conrad.

I now have five free Kindle PC books on my computer. I wonder when I will get around to reading them.

It has now become apparent to me why this Kindle PC app and all the free books are being offered by Amazon.com. Why? Well, it's because when reading from a PC one is confined to sitting in a chair in front of the monitor. Not very comfortable.

Soon thereafter the user will give in and buy a Kindle so that all the books can be read anywhere, even in bed, like a printed book.

And speaking of books, it has come to my attention that there is a new edition of Strunk and White...



. . .

NASA has informed me (via subscription email) that tomorrow, Saturday, December 4, at noon (Tucson time) on the Science Channel will appear a show titled 'The transition from the Space Shuttle to the Constellation Program.' If possible, I wll be watching it.

Also, NASA has blogs.

. . .

One of the Fox News babes announced yesterday that science has now counted all the stars in the universe. The number given was three sextillion. She flipped her long blond hair and said, "That's a three with twenty-three zeroes". It beats me how a person can believe it possible for anyone to count the number of stars in a single galaxy, let alone the number of stars in the entire universe. What nonsense.

. . .

The more I read about current events and watch the tedious TV news shows (which are predominately politics) the more outraged I become. Not so much by the blatant lies of government officials and their outright banditry, and their oily blandishments. No. My rage is aimed at the general public, the masses of the American people. And their incredible stupidity.

__________

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
--Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment