Sunday, December 12, 2010

Who Needs A Title Anyway?




My friend and fellow writer is alive and writing again. If I were a poet (which I most emphatically am not) I would emote my great relief and exultation at receiving that absolutely grand and glorious news. I have missed his daily posts at Spilled Beans and I am looking forward to reading his upcoming offerings at that web site.

. . .

A few minutes ago, at approximately 7:01 A.M. all the dogs in the neighborhood began to bark and howl and make a cacophonous commotion, and Eva came running in to where I sat at my keyboard from the living room where she'd been snoring on her nap pillow and informed my (by jumping up and down and whirling in place) that she felt an undeniable need to go out on the back deck immediately.

Recognizing her instinct-driven agitation I immediately complied, accompanying her out the back door leading to the fenced in expanse of desert scrub, where the canine hubbub was being spurred on by the howls and yapping of a pack of coyotes loping across the dry wash a couple hundred feet to the rear of the house.

I had grabbed up my camera on the way out, but not a peek did I get of the clamorous marauders.

After about five minutes all settled down to a few scattered barks from the less experienced pups somewhere in the surrounding area.

So I came inside from the cool sixty degree temperature and sat back down here to record that somewhat exhilarating event.

And Eva went back to doggie dreamland.

. . .

Oh... and before I forget, a new picture has surfaced of last month's Thanksgiving Dinner 2010 as enjoyed by the dogs of the family. Notice how well trained they are, sitting there patiently and obediently awaiting the command to "Go!"


Eva, Tycho, Cedric

Click the pic for larger view)

. . .

My mouse has two daddies... exclaims PZ Myers (noted biologist and associate professor at the University of Minnesota, Morris) who has written a piece regarding a recent genetics-oriented announcement. PZ begins:

This is awesome news. Biologists have figured out how to enable two male mice to have babies together, with no genetic contribution from a female mouse. I, for one, look forward to our future gay rodent overlords.

Not being overly endowed with much of an understanding of even basic biology, I enjoyed PZ's analysis of this breakthrough.

I thought you might like to read about it, too.

. . .


I viewed a short video featuring a series of Bushisms -- which only proves that speechification is not the forte of everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment