Thursday, December 9, 2010

No Title Today . . .





. . .

I heard Rush Limbaugh refer to the politics of Obama as being 'jackassian' -- and I wondered if he had coined that word or if he had heard it spoken by someone else.


A Google search indicated that the word had earlier been used by others but I lost interest before pursuing the matter any further.

. . .

It has been several days, more like a matter of weeks, since I heard anything from my friend and fellow writer, Anthony V. Toscano. I hope he is okay.

. . .

A Slate article asks "What can the first how-to book for fiction still tell us?

How To Write Fiction written in 1895 by Sherwin Cody was the genre's first avowed how-to guide.

. . .



This is an octothorpe

. . .

New Word:
sesquipedality
(ses-kwi-pi-DAL-i-tee)
noun The practice of using long words.

. . .

As always, if I think of anything else to add to today's Online Journal entry, I will do so... seamlessly if possible.

__________

"Write about what you know and care deeply about. When one puts one's self on paper -- that is what is called good writing."
--Joel Chandler Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment