Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What Makes Art Art?


I discovered long ago that I know nothing of Art. Nor do I even wish to learn. Sometimes I can recognize (what I believe to be) a work of art. But not often.

I am a pragmatic soul.

pragmatic
(adj.)
Dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.

_____



Is it truly Art?
I couldn't say.


Is this Art?


(I seriously doubt it)



produces works of art
and I like those works

“Deep in each man is the knowledge that something knows of his existence. Something knows, and cannot be fled nor hid from.”
--Cormac McCarthy


is not accused of producing Art,
but I like his work . . . art or no.

“When the Fox hears the Rabbit scream he comes a-runnin', but not to help.”
--Thomas Harris

_____

It might be artistic if I were to insert a piece of Art here.

But I won't.

No time.

I am busy working on another project.

__________

“There is no God and we are his prophets.”
--Cormac McCarthy

“How seldom we recognize the sound when the bolt of our fate slides home.”
--Thomas Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment