Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Change For The Sake Of Change



_____


Well, Blogger has suddenly changed its method of formatting my blog. So now I have to get used to a whole new process.

DAMN!

Why can't they leave things alone. There is nothing improved by the change that I can see. And now some of the new things do not work as well as did the old ones.

DAMN!

_____


I am having a problem coming up with meaningful content for this blog. It might just be that I an tired of writing it day after day after day. Or, perhaps my cognitive abilities are growing weaker with  advancing age. Or maybe it's both.

Time will tell, I suppose.

_____


WORDS FOR TODAY

portentous [pawr-TEN-tuhs]
 adj.
1.   of momentous or ominous significance
2.   miraculous, amazing, or awe-inspiring; prodigious
3.   self-important or pompous

Often confused with:

pretentious [pri-ten-shuhs]
adj.
1.
full of pretense  or pretension.
2.
characterized by assumption of dignity or importance.
3.
making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.

_____


BORN ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY



 
April 25, 1874 - July 20, 1937

This Italian scientist's discoveries led to the invention of radio




 
April 25, 1908 - April 27, 1965

Radio and TV journalist during WWII, I can remember (just barely though) when I was about five years old and lying curled up on the carpet listening to the radio and nodding off to sleep while listening to the war news. Not that I knew what was going on. My dad knew all about it, though, and I was listening to the news with him.





 
Born April 25, 1940

Intense actor in "The Godfather" and "Dog Day Afternoon"

_____

__________

“Originality is the art of concealing your sources”

--Benjamin Franklin
    

No comments:

Post a Comment