Friday, April 20, 2012

Temperatures Rising In Arizona



_____

In preparation for the upcoming summer season filled with 100 plus temperatures, I went over across the street and got my hair cut this morning. And I mean cut. I still have some hair on my head but each individual hair is only about one-quarter inch long. It's what is called a GI haircut. I should take a picture of my head (and face too) and post it here on the blog. I just might do that.

____


WORD FOR TODAY

Achillean
adj.
Invulnerable; invincible;
Resembling Achilles, the hero of the Iliad.

_____


BORN ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY


Born April 20, 1889
Died April 30, 1945

In September, 1939, when I was four months old, Hitler's Germany invaded Poland, starting World War II.


On a happier note . . .


HAPPY BIRTHDAY


Born April 20, 1937

_____

__________

Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants.
--General Omar Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment