Sunday, April 8, 2012

What's Easter All Abut?


Yummy! Chocolate Candy Easter Eggs . . .

According to CNN, this year, Americans
will spend $2.1 billion on Easter candy.
That's 120 million pounds of the stuff.





The Way Things Are . . .



















HAPPY EASTER


Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one


written by John Lennon

_____


Word For Today

pretentious
Adjective
Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

_____


HAPPY BIRTHDAY


Born April 8, 1938



Also




Born April 8, 1918

_____

__________

Forget love; I’d rather fall in chocolate.
--Anonymous

2 comments:

  1. Imagine no possessions?

    Lennon composed his biggest solo hit "Imagine" on a white Steinway piano he bought for his home in England. This piano was bought by George Michael at an auction by Yoko Ono for £1.45 million. Later, the piano was on charity tour.

    ReplyDelete