Friday, June 18, 2010

June In Tucson, AZ

Yesterday afternoon it was 102 degrees F. and a few strong gusts of wind had carried a load of leaves, pods, twigs, and other assorted detritus into the swimming pool. By the time I had skimmed most of it up my body was drenched with sweat. I suppose that I should have shed my clothes and dived into the cooler water... but I didn't.

More about that later . . .

But then today even though the temperature rose to over one hundred degrees it still felt comfortable to me in the early morning (in the 90s) when I went for my daily 3.4 mile walk. It's a "dry" heat, you know. I bought another bottle of Starbucks cappuccino, but this time I opted for the Dark Chocolate Mocha flavor. It was delicious.

Got a Father's Day card from my daughter in Jacksonville, FL yesterday, via the U.S. Mail. Thanks Sandi Jo.

Today is my eldest grandson's birthday. He and Michelle are coming over for a celebratory dinner this evening.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Timothy!

Gonna go to the Supermarket later this afternoon and stock up the refrigerator and the pantry. The kids are going away on business so I'll be alone in the house (with Eva, of course) for the entire upcoming week. A guy's gotta eat...

More about that later.

For now, please... please click the link below and read the message.
http://anthonyvtoscano.blogspot.com/

That's all for now...

.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Gene,

    This entire entry "sounds" delicious, from the pool's cool water, to the mocha cappuccino, to the Happy Birthday dinner, followed close by you and Eva sharing company and conversation for week's worth of days. I'm glad to see that you are enjoying life in Tucson.

    AVT

    ReplyDelete