Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just A Short Note Today

According to The Daily Telegraph, "Senior space agency scientists believe the Earth will be hit with unprecedented levels of magnetic energy from solar flares after the Sun wakes “from a deep slumber” sometime around 2013."

And . . .

"National power grids could overheat and air travel severely disrupted while electronic items, navigation devices and major satellites could stop working after the Sun reaches its maximum power in a few years."

Hm...

Read more HERE


While perusing the Circle K shelves this morning I noticed that the 13.7 FL OZ. bottles of Starbucks Mocha frappuccino were on sale, and since I had never tasted even one Starbucks product, I purchased two of the refrigerated containers and carried them home for later sampling.


At 11:37 A.M. Tucson, AZ time I drank (over a tall glass of ice) the aforementioned concoction.

My opinion? It had a pleasant flavor and texture, and I enjoyed it. But I must admit that if I had been blindfolded and did not know what I was drinking, I would have sworn it was a glass of...

Yoohoo Chocolate Soda
YUMMY...

Of course, I am not a great fan of chocolate (or Mocha) and so am not the best judge of flavor.


Recently I encountered the lyrics to an old song and stopped to muse (for the very first time) upon the meaning of the words:

How many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky
How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind
The answer is blowing in the wind

--Bob Dylan

I have no reason (no context) for posting those lines; I just felt like it.



As the title forewarned: this short note is all I have to offer today.

...

1 comment:

  1. I am almost alone in my neck of the forest, in that I do not like Starbucks coffee or coffee products (they burn the beans). But I had to chuckle when I read your comparison between frappuccino and Yoohoo. I'm not a great fan of chocolate, but your note made me want to reach back in time and into the local deli's cooler for a bottle of Yoohoo. Thanks for the memory.

    ReplyDelete