Friday, April 22, 2011

Hey Kids... What Day Is It?

_____


_____

Is today Good Friday?

Or is today Earth Day?

According to the Christian religion, the Friday before Easter Sunday is celebrated because on this day Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah, was crucified to death.

According to the Earth Day Network Earth Day is celebrated by a billion people, making it the world's largest secular holiday.


The Word for This Day is gullible.

gullible
adjective
naive and easily deceived or tricked

_____

A while back I wrote about a Hormel pre-prepared, non-refrigerated meal sold in the grocery stores for a couple dollars that I really liked. Well, I still like it.

Heat in Microwave Oven or in Boiling Water

A delicious 200-calorie meal

I have no idea if this little tidbit is nutritionally sound or not... and I don't care. It tastes good. The flavor reminds me, believe it or not, of the chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy that my Grandma Morris used to fix for the family. And no, I am not joking. Try it, if you don't believe me, and I'll bet you'll like it too.


__________

"I try to be candid and level with people, and not purvey a bunch of horseshit."
--Richard Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment