Wednesday, April 6, 2011

War, Peace, And Otherwise


This is the second blog posting in my three day stint of Adventures In Dog-sitting... and Eva has been a fine, well behaved puppy... she's a 'good girl' and I strive to tell her so. But not often enough she seems to think because every time I approach her when she is lying on the carpet relaxing and I say, "you're such a good girl, Eva" she rolls over on her back so I can scratch her belly... she really enjoys that.

_____

According to The Writer's Almanac: On this day in 1917, the United States officially entered World War I. President Woodrow Wilson tried to keep the U.S. out of the war, even after a German U-boat sunk the passenger ship Lusitania, until British intelligence intercepted a secret German communication to Mexico. Apparently, Germany had promised Mexico that they could have the U.S. if Mexico would support the German cause.

Read more about it HERE


Well, the government of Mexico's plan didn't work back then, but their newest method of taking over today (illegal immigration) seems to be succeeding.

_____

How Hoofed Animals Pick Their Noses is an image from a PZ Myers blog entry. I am re-posting the picture here because I thought it intriguing. I will remove it if PZ asks me to.

Align CenterAlign Center
"Good Gosh!"


Well... my stomach tells me that it's time for breakfast now, so...

__________

No comments:

Post a Comment