Monday, April 4, 2011

A Noteworthy Day In History


_____


_____

Last night, even though I dozed off at around ten o'clock, I woke back up after an hour and lay there for roughly a half hour, finally slipping back into my own (restless) version of the land of nod -- but only to reawaken after another sixty minutes. It was one of those times when I found that I just could not sleep for more than an hour at a time. So, at four a.m. I rose and brewed myself a cup of Pumpkin Pie flavored coffee and turned on the computer.

First I checked my email and then began to visit my favorite daily blogs...

_____

At The Writer's Almanac I was reminded of some historical facts, such as:

On this day in 1928 Marguerite Ann Johnson was born in St. Louis, Missouri. Later she changed her name to . . .

Global Renaissance Woman

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. asked Ms Angelou to work for him. After his assassination, on this day in 1968, which was on her 40th birthday, she was devastated.

_____

If I think of something clever later on today I'll append it here.

If not, I won't.
_____

Do you know who this is?

A character you love to hate

Oh sure, you recognize the face . . . from Fargo . . . or maybe from Armageddon -- or perhaps from The Sopranos -- but do you know his name?

Well... it's Steve Buscemi

_____

How about this?
Who is she?

Bet you don't know . . .

__________

"If civilization had been left in female hands, we'd all still be living in grass huts"
--Camille Paglia
(see picture above)

No comments:

Post a Comment