Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Gonna Vote Early And Who Cares?



_____

The U.S. mail brought me my Early Vote By Mail ballot in which I can mark my choice for the Republican candidate and send back by February 24, 2012. I didn't realize that there would be so many names on the ballot who are still listed as running for president. They are all there, even the ones who have withdrawn from the race. Since I really do not want to vote for either of the top two contenders, I can just mark any old choice and send it in.

My choice? Who cares?
_____

The Fact Checker reported on Mitt Romney’s misfire on the national anthem in his speech of February 2, 2012 when he said: "We are the only people on the earth that put our hand over our heart during the playing of the national anthem. It was FDR who asked us to do that, in honor of the blood that was being shed by our sons and daughters in far-off places."

Evidently there are other countries who use the hand-over-the-heart salute during the playing of their national anthems, and FDR had nothing to do with establishing the custom.

The Fact Checker will tell you all about it.

It seems to me that Mitt Romney often plays fast and loose with his facts. And with the truth. I wonder if that is a Mormon tradition, or merely an ingrained trait of politicians.


"Gingrich, however, embodies the vanity and rapacity that make modern Washington repulsive. And there is his anti-conservative confidence that he has a comprehensive explanation of, and plan to perfect, everything."
--George Will

No comments:

Post a Comment