Tuesday, February 21, 2012

So Much To Learn... So Little Time


_____

Yesterday I checked my (Early Voting by Mail) Arizona ballot choice for presidential candidate for the Republican Primary to be held February 28, 2012. I dropped it in the mail bin in the office even though there was no mail pickup yesterday, which was President's Day and a legal holiday for employees of the U.S. Postal Service. It will go out in today's mail and arrive at election headquarters (or whatever it's called) here in Tucson either tomorrow or the next day. Now I can proudly wear the patriotic sticker proclaiming...


Hooray for me.

Who (whom?) did I vote for?

That's for me to know.

_____


If there is one thing I am truly thankful for it's that I was born into this time and place where such grand and open opportunities to learn exist. There is so much knowledge out there, free for the taking, that no single individual can access and absorb it all within a mere lifetime.

There are some truly wonderful sites scattered among the many flashy and extravagant come-ons manufactured by all those money grubbing pitchmen on the World Wide Web. Oh yes. There certainly are. I've seen some of them. Occasionally I have mentioned a few of my favorites here on my chatty little blog.

Today I decided to point my readers to a few of what I consider to be some of the more interesting ones.

_____

"Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will."
--Vernon Howard

Science Fiction


SciFiStation is a website for Science Fiction fans, for Science Fiction researchers, and for anyone else with even a passing interest in Science Fiction.

Even if you are not a dedicated fan of Science Fiction, you might enjoy learning some of the fascinating facts about the subject, and this site is an excellent place to get your feet wet, so to speak.

_____


Another site I visit every day is Grammarphobia and I never leave it without having learned something new about English grammar. For example: There is a difference between the words 'ethics' and 'morals' -- did you know that? I mean did you really know that? Grammarphobia HERE has an informative short article regarding the differing meanings of 'ethics' and 'morals.'

_____


HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Kelsey Grammer


Born February 21, 1955

_____


Dmitrii Lezine has on exhibit some of the most fabulous photos you have ever seen. Well... the most fabulous photos that I've ever seen. (On the Internet.)

If you appreciate stunning, jaw-dropping photography, take a look HERE

You won't be sorry.

__________

"Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned."
--Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment