Friday, February 3, 2012

Just In Passing . . .


_____

On yesterday's TV news I was treated to a story about a man named Lustig who wrote in Nature magazine that sugar is toxic and should be regulated like tobacco. So I Googled Lustig + sugar + toxic + regulated and was given a long list of recent newspaper reports concerning the subject. I read a few of them and found they were all the same, all irritating, all incomplete, even the info from WebMD. I wanted to read the entire article. But...

When I went to the Nature website I found that internet access to the full article would cost me 32 U.S. dollars. And I wondered, is this the future of web-based information?

After a while I stumbled onto another website that provided a .pdf document containing the desired article. All of it.

Seek and ye shall find.Where there's a will there's a way. And so forth...

_____

Born On This Day In History



February 3, 1874 - July 27, 1946


In the past I have attempted to read (and understand) some of the supposedly intellectual and conceptual writings of Gertrude Stein.

I failed, finding them nearly incomprehensible.

Couldn't make heads or tails of most of it.

__________

Here is a seemingly simple point to ponder:

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
--Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment