Monday, October 18, 2010

Again, No Title . . .


I am still immersed in writing my horror-story for the Writers annual Halloween contest, and the deadline for entries is Wednesday the 20th. So again my blog must sadly suffer a paucity of intelligent observations and wit.

But be patient, dear reader, this too shall pass.

. . .

There exists an interesting article written by Johan Norberg titled: Don’t Give Him The Nobel -- he’s right-wing! The piece is subtitled: Swedish leftists are outraged that Mario Vargas Llosa won the Nobel Prize for literature, because he isn’t ‘one of us'

Mario Vargas Llosa


. . .



Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?"

The operator says: "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?'."

__________

No comments:

Post a Comment