Saturday, October 23, 2010

Writing A Nonsense Novel


As the first of November nears I find myself becoming agitated. Yes, I
have declared that I will participate by attempting to write a complete
novel of fifty to sixty thousand words within the allowed thirty day
period. Almost every day I think about it and wonder if I am up to the
task. I don't even know how to attend to the minor details, such as
whether or not I must post my daily output of words somewhere or (as I
now believe) if I am required only to send in the completed manuscript
at the end for verification.

One thing that keeps me interested is the thought that even if my novel
turns out to be a jumbled mass of unrelated words, I still might salvage
parts of it as revisable short stories. I'm pretty sure of one thing -- I do not want to share excerpts of what I write with anyone else while it is in its early stage. I am not a masochist.

Well . . . I have another week before the beginning. There is still time
for me to visit the NaNoWriMo website and try to absorb some of the
apparent enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment