Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sylvia Plath Was Born On This Date...


The temperature today in Tucson, AZ at 6 A.M. was 54 degrees (F.)

. . .

A lady named Beth commented regarding my little snack picture on yesterday's blog entry. I visited her blog and came to the conclusion that I might enjoy corresponding with her via email. But sadly, I could not find her email address published anywhere on her blog. My email address is posted on my blog's profile page, so if Beth is interested at all, I would hope she would get in touch with me.

. . .

Have you ever heard (herd?) of Two Cow Philosophy? Read all about it at:



. . .

There is so much on this Earth of ours that I do not understand, and probably never will.

Such as:

"Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Once again, early this morning, I read those two lines written by Dylan Thomas. And once again I have failed to understand the nearly universal attraction of that so vain and arrogant, coarsely pugnacious command.

Why should one who has lived a full quota of years comprising a lifetime somehow deign to "rage" against the inevitable approach of a natural death? To live beyond one's allotted span of subjectively conceived instants of time is not only unnatural it is hellish punishment, whether the dying one is aware of it or not. Eternal life? To live forever? Only human vanity could spawn such a ridiculous notion.

(Just one opinion on the subject I'd welcome from Beth)

But, that's probably enough about that.

For now.

. . .

Pumpkins are curious objects


. . .

The temperature today in Tucson, AZ at 11:45 A.M. is 68 degrees (F.)

__________

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand.”
--Milton Friedman

No comments:

Post a Comment