Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's Thursday Already . . .


Today is Veterans Day


Armistice Day was changed to Veterans Day, to honor
all Americans who have served in the armed forces.

. . .


I have been reading about evolution
and the more I read the more confused I become

Evolution was to play a big role in my NaNoWriMo novel, but when I began writing about it I realized that I knew a lot less about the process than I'd thought I knew. So, the novel has swung off in a different direction.

After I learn more about evolution, perhaps I will be able to inject some of my new knowledge into the story. Maybe so, or maybe not.

Time will tell . . .

. . .

In my random reading of blogs, I ran across a startling statistic:
"Of today's more than 3 million female high school athletes, 12 percent are cheerleaders, but they account for 65 percent of catastrophic injuries."

Just think about that.

. . .

Kurt Vonnegut while interviewing Kurt Vonnegut, described Kurt Vonnegut as:

"... a veteran and a family man, large-boned, loose-jointed, at ease. He camps in an armchair in a shaggy tweed jacket, Cambridge gray flannels, a blue Brooks Brothers shirt, slouched down, his hands stuffed into his pockets."

__________

No comments:

Post a Comment