Wednesday, March 14, 2012

To Sleep Or Not To Sleep



_____


It's been four days since I had a cup of coffee in the morning. And I feel like crap. The main reason I decided to stop my caffeine intake was an experiment to see if this would cure my worrisome inability to sleep at night. A maximum of four or five hours of uninterrupted sleep was all I had been able to manage for quite some time now. I suspected the villain was caffeine.

Sure enough, last night I went to sleep at ten o'clock and slept until five this morning. That's seven hours. The night before that was roughly the same. So it appears that the build up of caffeine in my body is indeed the culprit.

But I just feel completely out of it throughout most of the day. I know, yes I know, that a single cup of coffee would bring me back up to the level whereby I could push myself into giving a damn about whether I do anything or not.

Isn't that pathetic?

_____

Why do I think anyone else but me would care about such subjective revelations?

I don't.

_____


BORN ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY



Born March 14, 1879
Died on Apr 18, 1955

__________

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
--Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment