Saturday, March 17, 2012

Today is A Green Holiday




I don't know if my forebears came from Ireland or not. Don't know for sure whether they were Irish or not. I was told by someone in my early years that my ancestors had once resided in County Mayo, in the North of Ireland. Who knows?

View The Chambers Family Crest

_____



_____


During my daily walk yesterday I took several pictures of the Santa Catalina mountains and when I got back home I decided to do some experiments with them using Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0. So I did a Photomerge with 3 separate photos, thereby creating a single panoramic picture. Below is the result.

(click the picture to view full size)

_____


When I arrived at the Fry's Supermarket loafers' area just outside the front entrance, I snapped a quick shot of the smoker's bench. I know, I know... Ive posted a shot of it before, but maybe some new readers have now joined as followers of the blog and have not seen it before.




No one else was around at the time so I sat down on left bench and took a picture of the parking lot and the mountains in the background.



_____


BORN ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY


Born March 17, 1895
Died Nov. 22, 1955


My mom used to tell about taking me to the movies when I was a little squirt and how I would start to cry when The Three Stooges came on because they would always hit each other with hammers and stab each other with swords and shovels and pickaxes and the like. But I do not remember it, of course, since I was somewhere between the ages of 1 and 2. Later in life I developed a taste for their antics. Still watch them in old re-runs. Occasionally.




The first movie I can remember viewing at the old Palace Theater in Rensselaer, Indiana was when my Grandpa Morris took me to see his favorite cowboy, Hopalong Cassidy, played by William Boyd.


William Boyd as Hopalong Cassidy

Early 1940s

_____


Saint Patrick was a gentleman
Who through strategy and stealth
Drove all the snakes from Ireland
Here's a drinkee to his health!
But not too many drinkees
Lest we lose ourselves and then...
Forget the good Saint Patrick
And see them snakes again!

_____

__________

There are only two kinds of people in the world, The Irish and those who wish they were.
--Old Irish Saying

No comments:

Post a Comment