Friday, February 5, 2010

Blah And The World Blahs With You


I woke up at five o'clock this morning in the grip of the blahs. The blahs of both the body and of the spirit. My stomach informed me that I had eaten too much too late in the day the evening before, and my brain kept hinting at a week lacking in sleep.

After booting up the computer and reading the overnight accumulation of email, I turned off the monitor and crawled back in bed, and tried to sneak my way back to sleep. But to now avail. So I picked up my latest night-time paperback novel and finished it. Which took almost three hours.

The radio informs me that a line of showers and thunderstorms is headed this way. Perfect A dim, gray, cold day with an overcast sky to hide the sun, one to match the wintry gloom of my mood.

Why am I writing down such nothing thoughts and feelings? Why would that information possibly be of interest to anyone who might be reading this blog? It doesn't even interest me, the writer.

Something is going to have to be done about my attitude. Something radical. Many times (too many times) I've been told that "life is what you make it." And this makes some sense.

I feel a need to embark upon a new endeavor. Something challenging.

My upcoming move away from Florida to another state could be the perfect opportunity for me to accomplish this. A new beginning? Could be.

Yesterday I spent a few hours in the afternoon visiting a random selection of Google's Blogger Pages and was surprised to find that many of them were being written by authors of Young Adult Romance Fiction, and that most of these authors were young girls, very young girls.

Their writing was appallingly bad. But all had either published a novel or had a sale pending, all in the hands of an agent. And all of the novels featured a cover ablaze with color and a young man with long flowing golden hair and a shirt opened down the front to reveal a steel-hard six-pack of finely-fleshed and bronzed stomach muscles.

And all offered a free excerpt, a chapter with a scene of steamy sex between a nubile young girl and a handsome vampire.

Oh, who am I trying to fool? This is not a day for writing, not even in a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment