Monday, February 15, 2010

No Title Needed

Every morning I read a series of blogs and web-publications. One of them is The Writers' Almanck which features a new poem each day and presents also a compelling set of facts regarding poets and writers whose anniversary of their birth is that day. I find it of great interest.

The first birthday notice offered by this site on Monday February 15, 2010 stated: "It's the birthday of the Father of Modern Science, Galileo Galilei, born in Pisa, Italy (1564). It was Copernicus who suggested that it was the sun, and not the Earth, that was at the center of the universe."

Something about that statement bothered me and I thought about it for a time, then I realized that the writer had probably meant to say that the sun, and not the Earth, was at the center of the "solar system" -- not the center of the universe.

Being the busybody that I am, I searched for an email address with which to address my assumption to the writer, but none was listed.

I am doing my best to ignore my distress at being thwarted in my attempt to right a wrong and to just forget about it. After all, it's a petty thing. But letting go is not an easy thing for me to do.

I may have a follow-up at a later date.


Some blogs I follow are written by the very young. Here is a statement lifted from one of them, a blog by a YA Vampire-Story writer: "I need to start playing the lottery, because my job is never going to get me where I want to be in life..."


No comments:

Post a Comment