Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What Is This Thing Called Fear?


For several days I have been researching the subject of FEAR. And I was surprised to find that there is not much of value to be found. Those famous quotations most of us are most familiar with are seemingly not original thoughts at all but merely re-worked repetitions of earlier statements made by long-dead, supposed philosophers.

One thing is certain. Research is unbelievably time-consuming. I've spent the last four hours reading other peoples ideas regarding FEAR. And I have learned nothing new whatsoever.

It's almost as if this notion of FEAR is not a reality in itself, but is merely human-intelligence's mental embellishment of the lower animals' natural reactive instinct

But of course I know FEAR is more than that. I just don't know what that 'more' is. Yet.


People react to fear, not love;

they don't teach that in Sunday

School, but it's true.

--Richard M. Nixon


Well . . . back to the research. Maybe I will have more about the subject tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment